Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Should I be concerned that my snot is white?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Should I be concerned that my snot is white?

I'm aware I have allergies from food as well as airborne seasonal allergies. I've been having a hard time sleeping because for some reason when I lay down my nose plugs up. I've tried the nasal opening sprays but I don't want to become dependant on that. For a while I was waking up with a lot of blood in my snot. Now my snot is white and I can't recall it ever being white before. I've also had this strange random dry cough. My ears hurt from time to time like right now and I usually just eat local honey and they stop hurting. But I know usually my ears hurt when I've eaten something my body doesn't like. Anyway, should I be concerned that my snot has never been white and now it is?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
520378_tn?1220872901
Hi there, i am no doctor but i dont think white snot is a cause of concern. White snot usually means that your snot is drying out. Proberbly cause of the sprays you have been using (i think those sprays dry up your nose therefore causing the snot to become thick). Maybe your snot is whitening because of your allergies. Your allergies may be causing your body to produce lots of mucus to wash the allergen out. I guess this mucus has gotten thick and is now showing white. I would be more concerned if my mucus was yellow or green as these are usually signs of a sinus infection. Hope this helps to put you at rest. All the best. Mellisa
Blank
Whenever I have white snot, dairy is always the culprate.
Blank
Get your thyroid checked out by a doctor. I have the same symptoms w/the dry cough, etc. and am waiting on my lab results to find out if my thyroid is underactive.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...