Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Simultaneous Sinus/Nose and Stomach Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I am looking for some help from you guys. I hope that everyone suffering too feels better soon. Remember that we all to keep it positive, always.

I have been feeling bad for the past 5 years with an unsolved problem. Thankfully it is nothing life-threatening but it is making my life miserable most of the time.

My symptoms are some kind of pressure at the top of nose (inside) that throws me off balance, dizzy, with a higher head temperature and several other symptoms. Generally, one of the nostril gets blocked too. The strange part is that I am having simultaneous pain in my stomach. As I get this sinus/nose pressure, I have a feeling of nausea, loss of appetite and poor digestion. All these symptoms appear in times of stress or fatigue and stay for a couple hours to a couple days, sometimes longer. At these times, I have very low energy, some mild fever and feel very negative. Lastly, at these times I have some sore throat (less now that I got my tonsils removed) and some cuts on my palate and an itchy tongue.

I tried to address the two main problems separately. I had an endoscopy and phtest for the stomach. It was shown that I have acid reflux, which has been treated with anti-acid effectively (impedance test under medication showed no more acid reflux but still some non-acid reflux). Endoscopy didn’t show anything alarming. On the nose/sinus front I m taking nasal spray (have allergy too) and saline rinses. I did ct-scans that showed nothing major but we still decided to straighten the nasal septum and widen the sinus passages a week ago (some ENTs thought it wasn’t the problem, some did so I decided to correct these issues). I also saw a neurologist who tried me on neurontin and nortryptilyne, different dosages, both had no effect at all.

I m running out of ideas now if the recent septum/sinus surgery proves to be ineffective. I m still trying to figure what is the weird cause of these problems (I know for a fact that they are triggered  by stress, but not everyone who has stress feels that way..). After 5 years of experiencing this, I still cant tell if the stomach issues are triggering the nasal symptoms by bile or acid traveling up or if the nasal issues are causing post-nasal drip messing up my stomach or if a common nervous connection is triggering both at the same time or even if some substance is secreted in stress times and travels everywhere and affects my mouth, nose and stomach alike….no clue.

If anyone has any idea on this complex situation, I will be extremely grateful.

Thank you and good luck to everyone.

Maxim
nobody got an idea ?

thanks