Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sinus Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sinus Cyst

I had sinus surgery a year ago to open windown between maxillary sinuses and nose, as well as some ethmoid enlarging and decreasing a concha bullosa. About 6 month after I developed a cough that was persistent. (I also have hayfever allergies.) I have had this cough and thick drainage on an off  for the last 6 months. I have been to a few doctors. I have developed reflux, but upper gi shower no other problems, but reflux. The cough is persistent enough to induce vomiting. After being treated 4 times with an antibiotics and 3 times with prenisone the cough always returns about a month after recieving prenisone. Sinus CAT scan shows a small amount of thick mucus in most sinuses and a cyst in one sinus. I do not have asthma as I have also been to the lung doctor. My ENT saw me today and told me that he sees no reason for the cough, but will remove the cyst just in case. He plans to do it in office. My question is does it make sense that this cyst could've been the reason for the constant thick drainage and the coughing?
look!