Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sinus Infection with no congestion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sinus Infection with no congestion

Is it possible to have a sinus infection without any discharge, drainage or congestion.  Since having a head cold in early December, I have had extreme pain in the bone below my checks extending back to my ear, forehead, base and bridge of my nose and maxilla.  The head cold cleared up quickly, within a week, but since that time I have had acute pain that is constant in my face but absolutely no congestion, or drainage.  I've been to my dentist four times this month(Jan.) and he has performed a root canal, crown replacement and adjusted my occlusion but sill the pain remains.  If I close my  eyes for any length of time, (one hour or more) I can't get them open again without using my fingers to open them, there is no mucus that I can detect, they just won't open. I have been taking Augmentin for six days now because dental xrays showed infection above the second molar.  I also have odd pain that varies in intensity in the ligaments and tendons below my elbows, knee, and in my wrists and shoulders.  The pain in my face is worse at the end of the day and usually wakes me almost exactly at 4:30 AM each morniing but gets a little better when I get up.  I have an appointment to see my GP but wonder what I could say that might help him with a correct and timely diagnosis?
MAYBE YOU HAVE MAXILLARY CYST, YOU SHOULD GET A SINUS XRAY.
I think you should see a ENT physician, not just a generla practicioner. They can do a cat scan of you sinuses, because any infection around the sinuses or above the molars can potenti8ally be very dangerous.  I had a very infected molar pulled in April 06, and have been sick with sinus infections MRSA, staph and now, fungal sinus infection for the past 10 months.  Infection anywhere in your head is nothing to fool around with. Please see a doctor soon.
I have maxilary cyst with no congestion symptoms...