Aa
A
A
Close
Sinus Issues...Help?!
I hope someone answers this because I hardly ever get answers. For the past 3ish months I have been getting big (like dime to nickel sized) tough chunks from my sinuses or where my adenoids used to be (I think). I know this is completely gross but they are dark yellow-green to green and usually have really thick mucus with them. I can feel when I will be getting one because the area behind the soft part of my palate get sore and scratchy. I never got these before June 24 when I got an adenoidectomy and septoplasty done because I couldn't breathe for 3 months straight. (I suffered from allergies year round and sinus infections at least 2-3 times a year prior to the surgery) At first I thought they were blood clots because they started right after my surgery and were bloody. I just want to know what could be causing this and what I can possibly do to stop them.  Please Help?!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1061534 tn?1276705661
Your surgeon should still be seeing you for these things.  Make an appointment.  Most likely this is still the healing from the surgery -- but with simple office tools, he/she can look in their and tell you for sure.  It can take a surprising amount of time for the mucosa to get back to normal after surgery.  But the possibility that there was some minor complication needs to be ruled out.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources