Sinus Plug or something else?
Been having post nasal drip something awful past several weeks to the point when choking sensation wakes me up at night.  Couple days ago, I woke up with a serious head cold; throat feels swollen, head stuffed up, head and body ache, ears plugged, you name it.  After two days of taking an decongestant, I started being able to spit up some phlem.  But the last thing I spit up was something else.  I felt it when it tore loose from some spot beneath my ear.  It was covered in blood, but it was white compared to the dark thick phlegm I had been spitting up.  It was was like cartiledge and had little tendrils I guess from where it was lodged in my sinus cavity.  My ear canal feels like it was washed: kinda sore, a little wet, but really clear.

What did I dislodge?  
I flushed the same sort of thing out of my sinuses about the 4th time I did a sinus flush.  From the research I did, it seemed to be a structure that could have been formed by a mold or fungus.  Of course, I didn't have it analyzed in a lab, so it's just speculation.

At any rate, it was the beginning of the end of my sinus problems, but if your symptoms persist, a trip to an ENT may be a good course of action.