Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sinus and Allergy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sinus and Allergy

Hi.  I have been suffering since June, over 2 months.  Last November I had endoscopic sinus surgery to clear my sinuses and deviated seputum fixed.  I was great for 7 months!  Then in June I got a sinus headache and my life has not been the same.  I have been to the family doctor, the ENT, allergies and now I am going to a neurologist.  My symptoms are burning sensation in cheeks leading to ears and teeth.  Throbbing pain in my nose (like pulse or heatbeat), constant headache, darck circles under eyes and severe post nasal drip.  I have been on many type of antibiotics, use a saline rinse 2-3 times a day, take Nasonex, Astepro, Xyzal, Singulair and headache medicine.  Some days are better than other but most days are constant pain, numbness, throbbing.  A cat scan showed fluid in maxillary sinuses and some ethnoid sinusitus but my ENT surgeon shows no infection and is now considering a tubinate "snip" as he calls it to because my left turbinate is a bit large.  I am going for a  2nd opinion and have to a neurologist also.  Is there anyone out there who can relate?   This has completely changed my life.  I have a family a job & responsibilities and some days I just sob from discomfort and frustration.  I am getting down and acutally look foward to taking a sleep aid at night just to escape.  Any suggestions?
I suspect you have an infection, or an allergic reaction, possibly to a fungus.  The only way you'll know for sure at this point is to do a Sinus Flush, which will clear out your sinuses altogether, including your upper sinuses that the saline rinses never reach.  The hypertonic saline should also shrink your turbinates and get some more drainage.  If it doesn't work after 2 weeks, stop.  Avoid getting your turbinates messed with unless it's the last resort.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

Good luck
My son would complain about his ears felt like they were on fire almost every night.I couldnt figure what was causing it.The doctor didnt know. I finally figured it out its was only happening the nightd he would have the xyzal....The xyzal made the outside of his lobes and his ears feel like they were on fire!!!