Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sinus,eye and ear infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sinus,eye and ear infection

I've had problems swallowing. Sometimes my throat won't open even for water. I am a Type1 diabetic and also have
Crohn's disease. A year ago I coughed while eating almonds. Through my mouth the nuts entered my nose, mostly in the right nostril but also some in left nostril. The next day I woke with both nostrils stuffed and the sleep in my eyes very thick and pasty.I asked my family doctor for an appointment. He said my nostrils were very raw looking but said there was no sign of infection. He advised me to use saline spray. After using unsuccessfully for a week I went back to the doctor to get referral to ENT and eye doctor. Two months later my ENT saw me and confirmed that I did have a sinus infection and a deviated septum that he said I've had for years. He also sent me for a barium swallow action xray. No sign of throat problem and he put me on a series of antibiotics for sinus infection. Got appointment for nasal surgery after Sinus CT scan showed severe blocking in right nasal and some in left. Saw Eye doctor for many tests because I hadn't had sleep in my eyes for months and eyesight was getting weird. He said I had Eye infection and that my tear ducts were blocked. I was prescribed antibiotic drops for lower eyelids. I am also unable to yawn. Ears are blocked like I'm in an airplane. I have headaches above each eyebrow but worse on the right. Had nasal surgery that changed me from a mouth breather to a nose breather.I still have all other symptoms and pain. 6 months after seeing eye doctor I went back complaining of vision changes. Diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes, worse on right. Because of being Type 1 diabetic for 40 years I get my eyes checked once a year. In 6 months I had suddenly got cataracts. Still having horrible forehead aches,earaches, no yawning, and no sleep in eyes every day one year later afteralmond mishap. I also have had higher than usual blood pressure and equilibrium problems. I am a 53 year old
male. What are my options?

-7 Comments Post a Comment
I can only comment on your ears being blocked and equilibrium problems.  try using eardrops and you need to lie down on your side for the drops to soak in.  see if this helps.
Rosin,
  I, too, have a sinus problem and block tear ducts.  My eyes water constantly and it all started with a sinus infection.  I've been to two opthamologists and neither one could find anything wrong with my eyes.  The second Optha Dr. irrigated my tearducts.  They were fine for two days and then went back to being blocked again.  I switched my ENT's and the new one ordered a CT Scan and said I have a blockage and he's going to do surgery to help get the sinus to drain.  The sinus which is the problem is on the same side as the tear duct that is blocked.  Hopefully, when he cleans it all out and opens the sinus up more, it will solve the problem.  Good Luck with yours.