Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sinus infection now have blisters on gums/sore mouth
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sinus infection now have blisters on gums/sore mouth

Ok, I've been sick for practically the last 2 months.  I had bronchitis for about 3 weeks, then I got the flu, and most recently I developed a sinus infection that required that I be put on antiboitics.  Problem is, ever since I started the antibiotics my mouth has become more and more some (not centeralized anywhere, just very general spread out pain) and now I have what looks like small canker sores around my gums and on the border of my teeth and my gums.  I don't think its an infected tooth or anything becuase I wasn't having any issues before the sinus infection/antibiotics and the pain is spread all throughout my mouth.  Now the antiboitics have pretty much taken care of the other symptoms I was having, the fever/cough is gone and I feel almost 100%....except for this whole mouth problem.  I can't chew food and I'm rinsing with oragel mouth rinse (hydrogen peroxide) several times daily to numb the pain...

Does anyone know if this is a known side effect of antibiotics/sinus infection?  Maybe my immune system was just so run down from being sick that I developed this?

Thanks for any help!