Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sinus infection now have blisters on gums/sore mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ok, I've been sick for practically the last 2 months.  I had bronchitis for about 3 weeks, then I got the flu, and most recently I developed a sinus infection that required that I be put on antiboitics.  Problem is, ever since I started the antibiotics my mouth has become more and more some (not centeralized anywhere, just very general spread out pain) and now I have what looks like small canker sores around my gums and on the border of my teeth and my gums.  I don't think its an infected tooth or anything becuase I wasn't having any issues before the sinus infection/antibiotics and the pain is spread all throughout my mouth.  Now the antiboitics have pretty much taken care of the other symptoms I was having, the fever/cough is gone and I feel almost 100%....except for this whole mouth problem.  I can't chew food and I'm rinsing with oragel mouth rinse (hydrogen peroxide) several times daily to numb the pain...

Does anyone know if this is a known side effect of antibiotics/sinus infection?  Maybe my immune system was just so run down from being sick that I developed this?

Thanks for any help!
Have anyone had a problem with the outer bridge of their nose having a bump, then a blister looking like a burn? The top layer across the bridge of the nose with a blister spreading across the bridge of the nose. I have allergies/sinus problemes. Could allergies/sinuses cause a blister on the outer bridge of the nose? If so, what's good for it?

Thanks!
MotherSookie..........................
i was on antibiotics for 43 days due to chronic ear infection the ear infection has gone away my mouth burns and i cant take it anymore its been 2 months of this ive tried thrush medicine didnt work.. thought it was acid reflux but i dont have that i have seen 15 doctors and nobody will help i am getting very upset and giving up hope what could this be
Did you ever find the cause of your burning mouth? I have that problem now for over 1 month.