Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sinus/maxillary pressure without traditional symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I have been experiencing a great deal of pressure behind my nose and above my teeth. Sometimes my ears feel full and seem to pop or fill. I have what I would call visual disturbance in that I feel spacey and at times, a sense of loss of equilibrium. My eyes have checked out fine. I do not have post-nasal drip, watery eyes, etc. I feel better standing rather than sitting. It feels worse on the left side. I had little headaches that seemed to be stemming from my sinuses and still have a dull ache occasionally on the top of my head. When I breathe in through my nose, my nostrils contract and the air makes my sinuses feel achy. One last thing, for some reason I feel worse sitting at work. There have been known mold problems around my workplace but I don't know if this is the case in my office. My ENT stated that he thought this could be sinusitis but that the visual stuff didn't exactly match. Can you have swollen sinuses and pressure without infection and other traditional symptoms? Can this pressure change a bit but never go completely away? Do I need to be more concerned that this is a mass of some kind (pituitary or other)?
You need to have a Coronal Sinus CT Scan. Ask ENT for copy for your files later to track over time what ea report says. What
type of exam was done to conclude poss. sinusitis? Chronic
infection from a condition/infection/sinus thickening can give
compression on linings/nerves/natural mucus flow. Talk to ENT
abt scan or get copy of what you may have had & just read it.
There are rare conditions that ENT's over-look if they don't
actually look at the films themselves. Radiologists have been
known to scan instead of really detail if they're fatigued.
I'm having similar problems.  My doctor didn't even believe I had a sinus infection at first because I didn't have a lot of nasal congestion or post-nasal drip.  Otherwise I had the sinus pain, ear popping and fullness, drainage down the back of my throat, etc.  The doc finally agreed it was a sinus infection, and antibiotics helped me for a few weeks but it's back again, so now I'm off to find an ENT.  So I don't have any answers but wanted to let you know I've had sinus problems without the traditional stuffy and runny nose, so it's possible.
I think that there is a lot that ENT dont know.  Yes it's very possible to have an infection without the traditional yellow pus and stuffy nose, but they pretend that they have never heard that.  So they just let people suffer?
My problems began with my ears feeling full, popping, and ear ringing. My nose ran then I began to get terrible headeaches. The ENT didn't help me at all. I went to the allergy doctor and had allergies tested. I have terrible allergies. He gave me nose spray and allegra-d. I felt better within 2 hours and my symptoms were gone. I start allergy shots next week.
I know its been a while since the original poster posted and i don't know if he is still following this.But i'm here to say you are not alone.I've had your exact symptoms for more than 4yrs.I have this pressure behind my nose and on my upper teeth.I also have some balnce issues although i've never fallen;have vision problems too.Its not like i don't see,more like i see funny,kinda spaced out.my throat and inner ear are always itching and i tend to use my tongue to scratch my throat. I know I'm not supp to do this but i sometimes use qtip to scratch my ears.Right now i have pain inside my right ear and it sometimes feels like its popping.once in a while,i get a skipped heartbeat out of the blue.What i've noticed is that it gets worse when i'm about to have my period or about to ovulate.I'm thinking is hormonal but its just weird.I've been to the doctors,ENT,allergy test and no answer and they don't think its sinusitis since i don't have any discharges. I sometimes have post nasal drip. So please if you've had any relieve can you share? thanks,Connie8