Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sinusitis and eye pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sinusitis and eye pain

I have chronic sinusitis. I have had eye discomfort or pain now and then for four moths. A lymph node is sore in the mornings. My neck muscles are also sore, especially in the morning. I sit here with a neckband around my neck because of weak neck muscles.

Can the sinusitis cause my eye pain and sore  and weak neck muscles? An eye specialist could not say anything about the eye pain. There is cataract in my left eye, but no glaucoma or other diseases, checked in early December. A neurologic specialist did not find any cause for my eye pain. I know that I have cervical dystonia, but I think that there may be another cause in addition to dystonia.

One doctor has suggested a viral infection as a cause of my eye pain. Can it last for months? I got a 10-day Docimycin treatment for sinusitis in January (fluid in left maxiallry sinus). There has been mucous membrane swelling in the left max. sinus for many years, Some swelling is also in the ethmoid sinus. I am using nose cortisol (Flixonase) and saline flushes and eye drops.
Tags: Eye pain, Cervical Dystonia, chronic sinusitis, sore neck muscles
It may be time for a sinus CT and the consideration of the need for some sinus procedures.  Certainly sinus infections/inflammation can cause eye pain.
A CT scan was done two years ago. There was swelling of the mucous membrane in the left maxillary sinus and some in the ethmoid sinus. The ENT doctor talked about a FESS operation. Then I had to go to an infection specialist - I had low IgG3 and low  lectin pathway of complement. Then I went again to the ENT specialist. He said that my symptoms are minor and I have riscs (because of many diseases) - I'll  not get a FESS operation.

Since then I have two times asked for a sinus MRI, but have not got it. I don't like CTs, because I have had many of them (much radiation). In this month I'll again have a CT of my lungs, due to a lung infiltration. I have also some obstruction in my smaller bronchioles (cause not known).

I have intermittent minor sinus symptoms, almost in every month. I took an antitbiotic (Kefolor) in August 2012 and another (Doximycin) in January 2013 (due to fluid in max. sinus).  When I have sinus symptoms, I seldom have a running or plugged nose. Maybe that is why doctors do not consider my symptoms to be bad. I have postnasal drip when I am in bed. I am not allergic.

Shoudl I again ask for a CT or an MRI?