Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sinusitis and eye pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sinusitis and eye pain

I was diagnosed with sinusitis 3 months ago and have had 3 rounds of antibiotics and it just keeps bothering me.  What bothers me the most is my eyes have frequent pain.  Mostly my right eye but today is my left more. I have pain  behind my rt eye and up the rt side of my head behind my ear daily.  What would cause this?
hopefully it will go away.try to fight it off the bst you can as surgery for sinsus sucks i've been suffering worse off after my nasal sinus surgery and it's been 5 and a half months

I have the same pains for many years. They told me, it is from Sinusitis maxillaris, but I have to find the cause. My right eye is alway painful. In my case is also atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, and this Neuralgia is mostly on the right side. Is your face swollen? Do you have any mucus in the nose mucus membrane? When do you feel more pains? By changing weather, by washing hair?
You should make Head and Sinusitis CT scan, as also Head MRI. Maybe there is some blood vessel not right?
Hope, you do all this, and maybe you find more, than me.
Ms.Bobbie33
I have a condition called hypogammaglobulinenima and my IGA levels are almost non-existent. This is the part of the blood that protects the mucous linings of the lungs, sinuses and eyes. I found a very helpful piece of equipment that has reduced my sinus infections by 2/3's. Checkout HydroMed.com and review the info about the Hydro Pulse, which is a powered waterpick for the sinuses. I use a blend of kosher salt and baking soda in solution (1-2) times daily and use two sprays of Nasonex in each nostril in the AM and on occassion use NasalCrom (over the counter--Cromolyn Sodium Solution). I can breath, my sinuses are not blocked and my infection rate is way way down. It sure beat antibiotics and oral steroids. The first ime you use it the feeling is a bit intimidating. I first thought "Where is the water going, into my brain?" It takes 5+ seconds for the solution to find it's way through our complex sinus cavities. You will not believe the amount of material that comes out. The Dr. who invented this feels strong that clogged sinuses become infected and his system keeps them clean and free of germs. Try it you will not be sorry. Let me know how you make out.
Thanks for talking about this device. I have had Sinusitis off and on all year. This is my 2nd round of antibiotics in 2 weeks. Now I am also taking Prednisone. The pain is still there. I will do what you suggested to the others on here. Thanks.