Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sinusitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sinusitis

i am Faizan Khan from Pakistan age 19 studying in Comsats university Islamabad.

i am suffering from sinusitis.
symptoms  are headache, dizziness , digestion problems, Big trouble sleeping, nose is congested e.t.c.

i went to a doctor he examined my nose and saw that my inferior turbinate of  my left nostril is blocking the opening but the right nostril is fully open and the opening is big due to which my sinus was draining into my throat.. he said my nose bone is ok its straight.. he gave me antibiotics for 10 days with nose drops... i felt fit again and went to him again .. the doctor said that i need to have a laser operation of my nose in which he was going to burn my inferior turbinate to open the opening of the nostril so that my sinus drains properly.. my mom wanted to consult another doctor when the nose congestion started and the dizziness started . the other doctor said the same as the first doctor but he said there was no need of an operation . he gave me a nasal spray (Flixorase) and an anti allergy..  now it has started again and now i am having treatment with homeopathic doctor he has given me some of his medicines and wrote me the things i can't and can eat.. Now i am confused that i think that my sinusitis problem will be cured but do i have to have the laser operation of the inferior turbinate  so that the sinusitis is permanently cured??

P.S. Please give me the correct advise so that the sinusitis problem is permanently cured and i can begin eating dairy products and other things i can't eat due to sinusitis.

Thanks.

Hi Chiji

You have good doctors, but unfortunately the medical knowledge of the sinuses is imcomplete--it is still a medical frontier.  On this forum, many people (not all) have severe problems after turbinate surgery.

I used to have turbinate problems, in fact, I totally forgot I could actually breathe through my nose, until it turned into total blockage, and then I developed the Flip-Turn Sinus flush.  It is the last resort before surgery.  Try it for 2 weeks, then stop for 3 weeks.  If your problem has not begun to subside, then indeed consider surgery.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over to do it, preferably in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground, or you can kneel down and lean over a bathtub, or perhaps a plastic basin or tub, with the shower running for steam.

Note: the sinus flush journal takes a lot of time to load up on your screen.  Be patient, it's worth it.
I think I am the queen of sinus problems. I have suffered with sinus headache sinus pressure sinus stuffy nose fore ever and sinus surgereies. None of them has helped including nasal prescrition medications over the counter sinus internal meds and sprays salt solutions etc etc. Now I have seen on TV about a dcotor who has developed the sinuplasty where they insert the baloon into the nasal cavity to enlarge the nasal passage that has shrunk and therefore does not allow you to breath. I am going to the doctor who does the surgery in New orleans La. On the 26th april. I will let you know if I am a candidate for that.