Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Slimy saliva worse after brushing, trouble swallowing, throat pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Slimy saliva worse after brushing, trouble swallowing, throat pain

its been over a year and im miserable. My saliva seems a different consistency kind of gluey and thick. its way worse after i brush or eat, I do have allergies, and i smoke. Im constantly clearing my throat, and trying to swallow, but it almost feels like theres a bubble preventing me from doing so, I drink water constantly, and chew gum, brush often, but nothing helps. And recently my neck muscles feel so tight and painful like someone is choking me. ive had the barrium swallow, turned out fine. Then went to an ENT, He did the scope saw a little irritation and thinks i might have GERD but i took different kinds like Nexium and Prilosec, but didnt seem to help so i quit taking them.Basically doctors have no clue what im talking about so i feel out of options and stuck. If you have these problems then you know just how stressful and miserable it is because im going crazy. ANY Ideas?