Small lump/bump in my throat near my epiglottis
Hello!

About two days ago I found a small  lump/bump on the right side of the inside of my throat - very near my epiglottis.  I had some soreness on the right side of my throat behind my right tonsil and - stupidly or not - I followed the soreness down my throat (thoroughly cleaned my hands beforehand) and ultimately felt the small bump.  It feels hard (so I am thinking it's not a cyst) and about half a centimetre in diameter.  

I have had occasional ear pain but not persistent and the soreness I was feeling is almost gone.   I would not have known the lump was there if I had not done what I just described - i.e. no trouble swallowing, no pain when swallowing.  

My understanding is that throat cancer is relatively rare, also I have never smoked and I am not a big drinker (1-2 alcoholic drinks every 6 months) so what are the chances that this lump is malignant?  I am going to my doctor tomorrow to have it checked but I am interesting in understanding what the likelihood of a malignancy are in my case?