Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Small oily bumps behind ear that stink and produce fatty substance.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I am 33 years old, male, 232 pound, 6ft 2inches tall with dark colored skin.

12 years ago I went to visit a friend at the local hospital and the next day I noticed three hard lumps on my back and one behind my left ear. Two days later these lump started to hurt so I went to a doctor friend of mine and said they were cysts. He gave me some type of cream and an anti biotic. He also drained the lump behind my ear which resulted in a very stinky substance that looked like cottage cheese mixed with yellowish fluid and blood.( I smelled that stinch for weeks afterwards.) Anyway, the lumps on my back went away after several weeks but the lump behind my ear never fully healed.  Fastforward 12 years to today...Now I have a soft spot that is raised but isn't visually noticable other than the skin in this area is somewhat greyer than surround skin. This lump is located in the crease of my ear directly between my earlobe and skull. This lump no longer swells or fills with any fluid it just never has healed to feel like the skin on my right ear feels. 2. I now also have a thick piece of skin that run vertical on the ridge of my ear on the back side. When I squeeze on the linear soft area a fatty substance that sticks comes out. It also feels oily which is how I know I should clear its buildup out. Recently, I went to the dermetologist and she said it was likely multiple smaller cysts which never healed from the larger cyst I had years earlier. She also said she would open my ear up to remove the them if she wanted but she didnt feel like I needed too because they would likely come back anyway. What should I do? Get a second and third opinion? Get an X-ray? IS there a blood test for cancer? Could this be a result of another disease? Should I let it go unless something grows, starts to hurt, ect ect?
http://www.moondragon.org/health/disorders/sebaceouscyst.html

This is a very good article with pictures.