Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Something fell out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Something fell out

today during class i yawned than suddenly something dropped out of the back of my throat and it felt like I had swolled a ball. My lympth notes swelled up almost immediately after and when I went to look in the mirror it appeared that part of my tonsil was missing. Now a year ago I did have a case tonsilitis and I think that may have something to do with it but I'm really not sure what is wrong. Any information would be STRONGLY appreciated. Thanks bunches.
You might have developed a tonsillith which is a piece of food particles that gets stuck in the tonsil.  After repeated infections over one's lifetime, the tonsil develops little grooves in which food can get stuck.  You might require a tonsillectomy to resolve the problem.