Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sore, Swollen Tongue; Bloody, Metallic taste in mouth
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore, Swollen Tongue; Bloody, Metallic taste in mouth

Hello- About 5 days ago, I developed a red bump on the underside of my tongue that was quite painful. The next day, there were several "blood dots" as well. Today, the dots are gone but overall, my tongue feels swollen and it hurts on the underside only. I also have a peculiar taste in my mouth: a combination of blood (I've thought that my tongue was bleeding but checked the mirror and it isn't) and a metallic taste as well. I have been very thirsty and my mouth is super dry. I also have the overwhelming desire to brush my teeth as I feel a sensation of build up at my gum line on my back molars, even a couple of hours after I brush.

I brush my teeth at least 2x per day and use a tongue scraper at night. I floss a couple of times a week and use Scope mouthwash as well.

* I don't know if this is related, but I suddenly developed a lot of acne on my upper back, which is very unusual for me *

I've been married for 7 years so I am not at all worried that this is an STD of any kind. I am a 30 yr old female in good overall health. I am on one prescription medication which is birth control. I have no idea what is causing this but I am beginning to worry. Please write back if you have any idea what is going on.