Sore, Swollen Tongue; Bloody, Metallic taste in mouth
Hello- About 5 days ago, I developed a red bump on the underside of my tongue that was quite painful. The next day, there were several "blood dots" as well. Today, the dots are gone but overall, my tongue feels swollen and it hurts on the underside only. I also have a peculiar taste in my mouth: a combination of blood (I've thought that my tongue was bleeding but checked the mirror and it isn't) and a metallic taste as well. I have been very thirsty and my mouth is super dry. I also have the overwhelming desire to brush my teeth as I feel a sensation of build up at my gum line on my back molars, even a couple of hours after I brush.

I brush my teeth at least 2x per day and use a tongue scraper at night. I floss a couple of times a week and use Scope mouthwash as well.

* I don't know if this is related, but I suddenly developed a lot of acne on my upper back, which is very unusual for me *

I've been married for 7 years so I am not at all worried that this is an STD of any kind. I am a 30 yr old female in good overall health. I am on one prescription medication which is birth control. I have no idea what is causing this but I am beginning to worry. Please write back if you have any idea what is going on.
I have the same symptoms. Did you ever figure out what it was?
Did the acne first appear when you started taking the birth control? I would be willing to guess the acne is from the birth control. HOWEVER. I would have no clue what the mouth thing is. I am having some wierdness in my mouth lately too. It all started when my tooth in the back of my mouth started hurting, after that i have been having a horrible taste in my mouth. I have read that it can be caused from a couple of different things, one being heavy metal poisoning, because if you have silver fillings they contain mercury. I have also read it could be from having too much iron in your system. Which when you brush your teeth and your gums bleed, the iron in your blood gets in your mouth which in turn causes the metal taste. I also wanted to mention, alot of times bleeding gums is gingivitis and the mouth sores might be canker sores from an overabundance of acid in your stomach, which also can cause a metallic taste from what i hear. Hope this helps at least a little.