Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sore Throat After Surgery, How to Fix it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

*I dont know if I put the right topic*
I had surgery 4 days ago and before the surgery even started the Anesthesia doctor said i would have a sore throat but that it will go away in a couple days. Its been 4 days and it still hurts.It feels like there is something moving in my throat everytime i exhale alot.  The day after surgery i could eat a bit more, But when that second and third day came around it started to get worse. Today is the 4th day. my throat still hurts but I figured out that if I dont talk alot and keep my mouth shut my throat doesnt hurt. But now my Throat hurts when I start talking. My doctor told me to call him back today if the pain was still there. But since I got surgery he said the steroids he would give me would make it more likely for me to get an infection. Though it hurts really bad when i try to take my pills for the surgery. I dont know what it is but it is starting to hurt alot more than i can handle. Any help will be appreciated