Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sore Throat After Surgery, How to Fix it?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore Throat After Surgery, How to Fix it?

*I dont know if I put the right topic*
I had surgery 4 days ago and before the surgery even started the Anesthesia doctor said i would have a sore throat but that it will go away in a couple days. Its been 4 days and it still hurts.It feels like there is something moving in my throat everytime i exhale alot.  The day after surgery i could eat a bit more, But when that second and third day came around it started to get worse. Today is the 4th day. my throat still hurts but I figured out that if I dont talk alot and keep my mouth shut my throat doesnt hurt. But now my Throat hurts when I start talking. My doctor told me to call him back today if the pain was still there. But since I got surgery he said the steroids he would give me would make it more likely for me to get an infection. Though it hurts really bad when i try to take my pills for the surgery. I dont know what it is but it is starting to hurt alot more than i can handle. Any help will be appreciated