Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sore Throat on one side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sore Throat on one side

2 weeks ago I saw 2 little white spots on the muscle when you open you mouth. I went to the doctor and he said that it was prob. some bacterial thing so he gave me Biaxin XL 500mg which i took for 7 days. It didn't help so he prescribed me Omnicef 300mg that I just now started 2 days ago. But before he gave me Omnicef, I took a flash light and looked in that back of my throat and notice that on the right side it was kinda red (to the right of the ulva the thing that sticks down from the mouth). I have pain that comes and goes and it makes my ear hurt. Also, the doctor gave me Allegra D 12 hour to help with the pressure in my ear. I am 18 years old and I would smoke prob.  6 to 10 ciggs a day. Would this be a sign of Oral Cancer? I am a hypercondriact so I worry about things all the time. Should I go back to the doctor in a week if my throat doesn't heal up? The TINY 3 spots are still there but they don't hurt or anything...if the doctor saw them he would have told me if they were cancer or not wouldnt he have? I have no other symptoms besides the throat and ear pain off and on. I do have sinus infections that run in my family and I get drainage sometimes and can feel dropping but the reddness isn't all the way down there. Its just right next to the ulva or a little farther back. Its a dark red but very little of it and its irritating. What should I do about all of this?
Also, I do have my tonisls and adnoids removed when I was 3 yeras old...im actually 19....I do not smoke 8 to 10 anymore since this pain started. I only smoke 3 to 4 a day now or less than that? Should I completley quit? Its not hard for me but its just a habbit and i use it for stress...I do it when im bymyself