Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sore Throat (right side only) with Sinus & Ear Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I've had a sore throat (on the right side only) for 8 months with redness/pain in my right ear and cavicle area.
My doctor cannot find what's wrong with me and keeps repeating the same blood and ultrasound tests. She has had me on 3 courses of antibiotics which helped for a little while and then the pain would return. I am 37 years old and feel that the doctor isn't trying hard enough to help me-she thinks that it's anxiety! The symptoms that I've had are now getting worse-swollen neck nodes (one on thyroid), yellowy/orange nipple discharge (again right side only), tired, irregular and missed periods, sweating, painful sinus migraines and wow am I moody! Does anyone know what this could be? I've sceduled a dentist appointment next week to look at an infected wisdom tooth that's been bothering me as someone did suggest that untreated dental problems could cause some side effects......Help!
look in the mirror and see if there is an ulcer on your tonsils. Sore throat do not normally last that long. 8 mths is a long time.

Anxiety, Depression, worried heart, state of shock, stress may contribute to your throat problems.

Im facing the same problem as you do, except i dnot have any other symptoms except for the ulcer on the throat.

I seriously suggest you try to change your lifestyle to a healthy one starting with the mind. Look at your daily activity and see if any of it leads to unhealthy lifestyle e.g. late nite sleep, smoking, excessive drinking. Try to eat more fruits and excerise regularly will help to release stress.
My tonsils were removed some time ago and nothing else is obvious in my throat.  I think that you might be on to something though in regards to my stressfull lifestyle-sometimes it just helps to hear it. Divorce and financial worries might be partially to blame.....thx, you have a kind heart.