Sore Throat

I had throat infection(sore throat dont know the difference) from the past 2 weeks. had an appointment with doctor and he confirmed saying that my throat is red. He took the blood test and asked me to come after 2 weeks. may i know what could be the reason. He didnt even give me any medicine and informed that he can give the medication only after reports.

Now I have to wait one week to get the results.

Secondly, I am feeling light swelling near the ear. Dont know if it is nodes or only bump. it doesnt have any pain.
Do your live in the USA?  I do and can say your experience with a doctor would not be acceptable to me.  

I see your other post about the Flu, did you get a Flu Shot?  If yes, then less likely you have the Flu, if not, then the Flu is a real possibility.  In any case, lots of rest, lots of water drinking and symptomatic treatment usually work, I think.

At this point you may want to try some of the over-the-counter stuff advertized to give relief to your symptoms and follow up with your doctor to be sure you get the earliest possible advice/prescriptions.