Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sore throat, earache and headache
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore throat, earache and headache

On saturday I started with a headache and then progressed into a sore throat on monday on one side and now it's both sides.  The sore throat is almost like on the esophagus when touched on the outside it hurts.  Opening my mouth wide or sneezing or yawning hurts not alot but it hurts.  My ears hurt as well.
Related Discussions
1337001_tn?1276887441
Hi Cbmoyer,

I think there is no reason for the headache to cause you the sore throat, probably what you are having is Pharyngitis leading to drying of the mouth which causes you little discomfort while you yawn / open the jaw. Try, drinking plenty of warm water and do warm saline gargles(alternatively you can go for mouth gargles containing Povidone Iodine). Also take some mild anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. Your ear aches because the nerve supplying the throat also supplies part of the ear, so any pain in the throat is also felt in the ear.

With regards
OHNS2010
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949