Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sore throat, headache, stiff neck?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sore throat, headache, stiff neck?

Not sure what the problem is, but a a couple days ago I got a HORRIBLE pounding headache and it has yet to go away. It will go away with meds for a few hours, but I do not want to keep taking those. I also have a sore throat, and stiff neck. This is all on my right side for the most part. I forgot to mention in the doctors post that I have wisdom teeth coming in, which could somehow be related I suppose. I do not have any dizziness/vertigo/vomiting/nausea/upset stomach/muscle pain nothing but a sore throat, horrible headache, and stiff/hurting neck. I am 22, I have a 7 month old daughter, I am 115-120 Lbs 5'3 and there is cancer in my family, but all theirs was to do with smoking and I am a nonsmoker and so is my husband. Thanks so much. I can not see a doctor as I do not have insurance, do not qualify for state help, and have too much debt/bills to pay for on my own.
Are you able to touch your chin to your chest? Or is your neck too stiff?

Some of your symptoms sound like meningitis. If you are able to move your neck, I wouldn't be as concerned, as I would then probably focus a little more attention to your wisdom teeth. Your wisdom teeth can cause all sorts of problems when they come in, which is why so many people end up having to have them pulled.

If your headache is relieved by tylenol, I would personally recommend taking the tylenol, and resting. Maybe also using some ice/heat on your head and neck to calm things down as well. If you develop a fever, vomiting, nausea or anything like that, along with the stiff neck and severe headache, I would definitely call your primary care physician.

Best of luck!

Ashley
I have the same symptoms....are you also worrying about hiv?
You may want to post your question as a new question as this original post was almost two years ago - it's doubtful this thread is being monitored any longer.