Sore throat not going away after antibiotics

4 weeks ago i woke up one day feeling very sore and fatigued with a very bad sore throat. The sore throat got worse after few days although the body pain disappeared and it got to bad that i couldn't swallow food or liquids. I went to a doctor and was put on an antibiotic for 7 days. I took the antibiotics and it kind of got better but on the 5th day of my treatment the sore throat got worse again. So i went to the doctor again and he prescribed me another antibiotics which i took for 10 days. After 10 days i had 3-4 normal days and again i started having the very same sore throat. I was once again put on a different antibiotics for 10 days. The last dose of my antibiotics finished last week and again 5 days after im having the sore throat again. So basically i took 3 different antibiotics and my throat still hurts.

I have no fever, mono is negative, strep *swab test* was negative (i was put on antibiotics anyways although the strep was negative, not sure why?)

I have no idea what is causing and this is making my anxiety a lot worse. I just can't stop thinking about having some sort of serious disease. Is there a disease that can cause these symptoms other than strep, mono? I have no other symptoms, just a severe sore throat that doesnt go away.

WHAT COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE? IT TENDS TO BE WORSE AT NIGHT AND BETTER IN THE MORNING WHEN I WAKE UP..AND IT IS ONLY ON ONE SIDE OF MY THROAT..and compared to when it all started a month ago the pain is much better but its not going away.
You've just described my symptoms to a tee.  Did you ever get a diagnosis?
hi!
A specialist should take a close ,deep look in your throat and check your tonsils (if this hasn't happened yet) I know from experience that taking so many antibiotics for so long will not help you ,on the contrary ,your immune system will be damaged
not to mention that the dr hasn't told you what is the cause of it and stll stuffed so many antibiotics in you...
I have suffered from chronic pain throat (pus infection on tonsils) and i had them removed .
My suggestion is that you might have an abces on your tonsils ; Once I had a very bad pain in my tright side of throat and only the thirs dr could spot the cause of it - an abces behind my right tonsil .
have you had a sample tested from your throat ?! sorry but I dont't know the name of this medical procedure....in my malguage you call this "exudat faringian"
all the best
How miserable. I think I'd be getting myself to a good ENT doctor. This sounds very similar to what my daughter used to go through when she was in college and they kept telling her it was Mono.  When she came home, I took her to a good ENT doc here and he said it was her tonsils. Gave her antibiotics and it cleared up.  Sure enough, not long after, she was sick again.  When school was over, she came home and her tonsils out and she has not been chronically ill with throat issues since.  You may need a throat culture done also to determine what's going on. Please see an ENT doc or even two, if need be.
Did you ever receive a diagnosis? I have the same problems and symptoms right now.