Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sore throat,swollen gums mouth ulcers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sore throat,swollen gums mouth ulcers

In January i started getting mouth ulcers; which is not uncommon for me. On Feb 1 I developed a severe red scratchy throat, and I still had several mouth ulcers. I took Augmentin 500 3x/day for 10days. After the 10days I still had a sore throat that feels like an ulcer down my throat, and I also still had about 10 mouth ulcers as well as swollen gums. I went to my Internal MD and he put me on Medrol dose pack and Levaquin. This initially helped w/ the mouth ulcers but the one down my throat got much worse. I was given a Celestone inj and put on Orapred. Also taking Pepsid. Throat neg for strep and mouth ulcers neg for Herpes. This helped for about 3 days but then the pain has come back. I have also gotten a few more ulcers to my tongue and some of my gums are swollen. I have lost 9 pounds since the start of this b/c of the pain to eat. Another symptom that I am thinking is related is that I have gotten a severe area of inflamation (inflammation) around my anus. Does hemorrhoids cause this??
Labs for ANA,B12,CBC,BMP,LFTs were all normal. CRP was 3.5(elevated). do you have any insight as to what is going on?? Nobody has any answers for me. Going to another ENT for second op.on Monday.

hi,Please get yourself examined for Crohn's disease(inflammatory bowel disease).It is an autoimmune disorder causing multiple symptoms.Please visit this website http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn's_disease for more information.
I continue with mouth sores/ulcers and sores on my tongue. The ENT had no answers for me. I finally went to GI and had an endoscope today. No reflux, but I had esophogeal webbing that he loosened and took some biopsies. I am not sure what is esophageal webbing or what causes this. Anyone with insight? I also still don't have any answers as to what is causing the mouth ulcers for months now. Thanks
Hi, I have all the same exact symptoms except the anus part. My mouth has these really hurtful ulcers, my throat and toncils are painful and swollen and my neck glands are so painful. I went to the doctor and was neg. for strep. I got some antibiotics and some viral medicine but it hasnt been getting any better. all i have been able to eat is jello and popcicles. How long did it take to go away? what did you take or do?
it's coxsakie.