Squirming / movement sensation inside ears.
Over the past year or so I have had a repeating feeling of pressure and apparent movment deep inside my ears (both ears).  It all started when I woke up one morning after a long night of vomiting due to a stomach bug (24 hr thing).  When I woke up, I felt like my jaw was slightly overshot and my teeth would not "mesh" or "align" properly.  I could close my jaw all the way but not without great pain in my ears and jaw joints.  This symptom persisted for about 2 months and finally, gradually subsided, being replaced by a wierd "come and go" squirming sensation inside both ears, not necessarily at the same time.  This sounds wierd, but, I have noticed that this squirming becomes more active immediately after drinking a nice gin and tonic or vodka tonic.  If anyone has any hints ......  please let me know.  this is driving me nuts.  Thanks
Hi, I also had the squirming and itchiness in my left ear after I got water in my ear after a shower.  I have a fear of anything getting in my ear after a fly got in their 2 years ago and had to go to the er.  It of course was gone when I got there.  My squirming feeling went away after about 6 mo.  but it drove me nuts, I was sure there was a spider in there, I had some kind of a bite on my neck also,  this was during the winter months this year.  The dr. looked inside my ear and said there was nothing in there and it was not infected.  I took to sleeping with cotton in my ears at all time and keeping ear plugs in when I showered.  Now that it is spring it has gone, I just hope it doesn't come back again.
thanks for your input........  I just have a feeling it is related to the jaw pain.......  glad your symptoms have past though.  thanks again