Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Strange sounds in ears

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Strange sounds in ears

I sometimes get a small crackling sound in my right year when I am talking or yawning. Also when I am cycling I get these small crackling sounds in both of my ears. It don't seem to be congested and it's not allergy season here in Arizona. My hearing is normal. I get ringing in my ears when I am in a very ilent room, but I think everyone does. Right now the little crackling sounds are just annoying but I am afraid they might get worse.

When I was a very small child (I am 18 now) I had tubes put in both ears because of ear infections. I got them taken out before I was five or six. Honestly, I can't even remember this, it is just what I've heard from my mom. However, I have never had any problems until recently.

I see there is another thread with a similar question but there are not very many definite answers, just people who post one question and leave the forum forever! You wonder if they ever got any better.

Thank you for helping.
Now I am getting the little sounds without moving my jaw or anything.