Aa
A
A
Close
Strep or something else?
Hi! I am a 20 year old female. Earlier this week, I was having fever, chills, upper left side and back pain, sore muscles, and a tight chest. My throat was sore, but not too terribly bad. I also had slight nasal congestion. This was on Monday. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with strep throat and put on a z-pak because I'm allergic to penicillin. He told me to see him today (Wednesday) if I wasn't feeling better. Well, I feel worse, and on top of it, I have excruciating pain when I move my eyes at all. I have no interest in eating or drinking anything. I ate a salad and soup last night, and got very sick afterwards. I really don't have the money to see the doctor twice in a week. Should I be worried or wait it out?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1268057 tn?1462734870
Sounds like a sinus infection with post nasal drip hence the sore throat, not strep in my opinion.    

Nothing else was ordered besides the Z-Pak?  Finish out the Z-Pak.  He/she (the doctor) needs to add another med, i.e. a decongestant.  Reconsult him as he stated to do.  
Comment
Cancel
1268057 tn?1462734870
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
Top Ear, Nose, Throat Answerers
209987 tn?1451939065
Blank