Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Strep throat again? or something else?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Strep throat again? or something else?

On Sept 27, I went to a walk-in clinic after 3 days of a horrible sore throat, no voice, and some congestion.  A swab confirmed strep throat and I was put on 10 days of amoxicillin.

I went back 2 days later, and was diagnosed with pink eye, possible ruptured ear drum, ear infection and sinus infection. Gave me drops for the pink eye, and kept me on the amoxicillin.  They told me if my ear didn't clear up in a couple of days to see an ENT.

2 days after that, I went to the ENT, who confirmed the previous diag. saying that the strep probably irritated everything, and prescribed antibiotic ear drops for my ear.  She also said it'll take 2 weeks for my ear to drain, and to go back if it doesn't.

I finished all my antibiotics, pink eye is gone,  my ear still aches at times but is draining slowly, and I still get a horrible smell/taste from the sinus infection ( but that's getting better slowly as well)  However, going on week 3, my throat is still sore.

I do salt water gargles daily, and use the NeilMed bottle with distilled water since this all began.  The salt water doesn't really make my throat feel better.

I looked and no visible white patches.  Is it strep again, or irritation from the horrible sinus/ear infection?  Should I make an appointment with my ENT regarding my throat?

Thanks for your time.