String of mucus in the back of my throat behind the uvula?!
I was brushing my teeth earlier and when I brushed my tongue and spat, I noticed a sorta milky yellow string of what seemed like mucus hanging behind my uvula. I tried to spit it out, but it was still hanging there. It looked like it was coming out of the top hole behind the uvula, which I'm guessing leads to the nose? Eventually, I got annoyed and tried to pull it out, but it would just slide between my fingers. Soon I figured out that I could pinch it and pull it out in pieces. The outside is soft, but the core of the string seemed pretty squishy but fairly durable. But anyways, this is probably the weirdest thing that I've seen happen to me and I wanted to know what this was. Is it normal? If it helps, I sometimes suck my mucus back up my nose and swallow it...I know. Gross. Oh and I just had a septoplasty a couple weeks ago. Please help! Thanks!
Oh and one more thing! Before this happened, the area that the string came out of has been feeling pretty dry for a while. It was a bit irritating at first, but I eventually began to ignore it. I'm not dehydrated, I drink a lot of water. Maybe the mucus made that area feel dry?
I would report this finding to your ENT Specialist since you just had a septoplasty a couple of weeks ago.