Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Stuffy head, ears, vertigo, and anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Stuffy head, ears, vertigo, and anxiety

Ive been a mess for about 5 yrs now.  I suffer from constant sinus congestion, unsteadiness, dizziness, and anxiety.  I recently had an allergy panel done, and it came back that I am allergic to cats and dustmites, but how come everytime I go outside within minutes to an hr I get stuffy?  Are they missing something?  I have constant unsteadiness (feel like I need to lean on something or im going to fall over) and I get occasional "vertigo" spells.  These usually happen when my head is stuffed, my ears feel clogged, and i have aching in my neck.  The vertigo spells are horrible; i feel like i am falling to one side, or im spinning.  I am seeing an ENT DR, who ordered a CT scan and found a little fluid in my ear; put me on an antibiotic, but im still getting the stuffy ears w/ dizziness.  I am going to a specialist for balance testing also on july 7.  This has just been horrible...  I cant seem to get any answers or relief!  The dizzy spells and just the constant stuffiness have caused panic attacks and daily anxiety.  I am engaged and trying to plan a wedding and we had to put things on hold, because I just feel "horrible" constantly.  Any help would be truly appreciated.  I eat well, I drink lots and lots of water, I dont drink alcohol, I do smoke-which i know i need to stop, and im on Nasonex spray, Astelin Spray, Allegra, Antivert (take as needed), Klonopin and Paxel (sp?).  The Klonopin and Paxel are for the anxiety...  Thanks in advance.
Have you tried a chiropractor for the vertigo? I have been twice and it has reduced the vertigo to some degree,I gave away the medications as everything I have tried doesnt work.As for the anxiety I do take a mind calmative only when I really need to,and I also go to a Reiki practioner and I find that it really does help,so good luck hope that I have been of some help to you.
all i can say for me was, i stop drinking coffee altogether and i stop sleeping on my back because i had a bad case of dizziness and it was awful i thought i was going to die, but never the less i havent had one this year thank God!! have you by any chance ever tried the neti pot? its for cleaning your nostrils of mucus or what have you,check on youtube for the neti pot and also check out the youtubes for vertigo as well they have some good information. good luck!!
I FORGOT TO ADD SOMETHING, YOU BY ANY CHANCE DO YOGA? I CAN RECOMMEND ANA BRETT AND RAVI SINGH, THEY ARE THE BOMB THEY HELP SO MUCH AND I BELIEVE THERE VIDEOS HELP SO MUCH THERES ALOT OF BREATHING TECHNIQUES, WHY DONT YOU TRY FAT FREE YOGA CLEANSE AND YOGA QUICK FIXES IT HELPS WITH ANXIETY PANIC ATTACKS ALL THAT WONT HURT TO TRY IT, YOU ORDER ON AMAZON.COM FROM CHAKRA44 I BELIEVE, YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT SAMPLES ON YOUTUBE, I LOVE YOUTUBE, YOU CAN PRETTY MUCH FIND WHAT YOUR E LOOKING FOR, GOOD LUCK!!!
i have the exact same symptoms along with occasional tingling in the scalp, crackling in my ears when i swallow, and sometimes i get a dropping sensation. i was diagnosed with allergic rhinitis, and the doctor didnt tell me what that had to do with dizziness or balance problems . all i can do is empathize.
thanks guys for the advice..  one good thing is, its good to know that im not the only one...  sometimes i feel like there is no one else out there experiencing what is happening to me.  i do have a neti pot, tried using regulary, but did not really do anything.  After my balance tests monday, i plan on seeing a nutritionist and a reflexologist.  im trying everything..  im frustrated!!  Thanks for the help!