Sudden Parotid Gland Swelling
I've recently gotten a cold like sickness from my brother in which he had an upper respiratory infection. The sickness worked it's way through me and I am almost completely 100%. However Yesterday (Jan 31 2009) at around noon time I began to notice that my right parotid gland start to swell a little bit. I decided to take some ibprofen and some sudafed due to me thinking that it was a drainage issue. After dinner that day 2 hours later, the gland got more tender but not bigger. Upon falling asleep and waking up in the morning, I was awaken to the tender pain of the gland as well as it has grown around double in size to what it was the previous day. So it took a time of around 6-8hours to reach the size it is now.

I'm not too happy on the whole ordeal mainly because 4 years back I had my left Parotid gland removed due to a benign mixed tumor (was there for 2 years, never hurt, grew in size but was never tender.)

My folks keep telling me it's due to the cold/infection I might have but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, "Not this again."

Right now I'm taking ibprofen, sudafed, drinking water and applying a warm compress to it and it has decreased the pain to a minimum but there is still apparent swelling and a feeling of pressure involved.
Did you find out what it was ?