Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sudden ear and jaw pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sudden ear and jaw pain

This morning, I awoke at 2am with excruciating pain in my ears and jaw. The pain was located in my ears, directly in front of my ears on my cheecks, and all along my jawline. I had never experienced pain in these areas before. It was so bad that I couldn't fall back asleep, so I took a few ibuprofins. The pain was worse when I tried to lay my head back down on the pillow to try to get back to sleep, so I sat upright for the next hour until the pain medicine began to work. I was not in pain when I woke up again the next morning. However, about 15 minutes ago (it is now about 15 hours later) the pain has come back. It was incredibly sudden--I went from no pain to excruciating pain in the same areas. I'm also nausaus, hot, and tired. I can't focus on anything other than this pain. I have no idea what is causing this--should I see a doctor, or just take some more ibuprofin?? Thanks for any advice.
sounds like an ear infection, going to need to go to the doctor and get some meds, good luck
Those are also signs of a heart attack.
I hope you saw a doctor.