Sudden hearing loss
I recently had a sudden hearing loss in the right ear.  Went to my internest and ENT.....had hearing test. complete loss in the right ear......left hear partial........have continuous static in right ear....and have fullness feeling  in the left .....difficulty hearing in large group setting......I have not seen anyone about any type of hearing aids.......
What did they do? I hope you got immediate high-dose prednisone and possibly other treatment, and, if your hearing didn't return, got an MRI with contrast.

Once it becomes clear whether your hearing is stable and you get a diagnosis (hopefully), you can consider hearing aids. An audiologist can help with that.

But first you need to figure out, if possible, why your hearing left. Have they considered autoimmune inner ear disease?

A great site is
www.dizziness-and-balance.com, check out the hearing problems section. Here's the info on AIED:
http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/autoimmune/aied.html

Good luck.
Nancy T.
Thanks for your comments.....seeing another audiologist Wed........and also possible hearing aid for the left ear.......
I do have some dizziness and balance problems.......

And I did have prednisone and a MRI.......also amoxicylan.