Sudden pain on bridge of nose ... PS
I forgot to mention in my last post - I am located in Southern California.  It appears that people are encountering this very strange problem all over the country.  

I see that one doctor did post an answer in this string and I am taking his advice - see my doctor!

We'll see what my clinic has to say - will post a report even if they have no clue about what could be causing such an odd localized pain.  I will mention this thread - it may help.

The bridge of my nose is more painful now than it was a couple of hours ago but with no discernible swelling.  Whereas earlier today I didn't even know there was a problem until I reached up to adjust my glasses, I now feel the discomfort all the time and cannot frown without additional discomfort.  There are no other symptoms and I am not prone to sinus infections.  I've only ever experienced one bout and that was ... what?  Nearly 20 years ago?

Lord have mercy.  I certainly don't want to end up on Mystery Diagnosis!  But then, it certainly looks like I'd have a lot of company!  :)

Annie
I Have had a crazy  bridge nose ache for more than 2 weeks, also like a punch in the nose, with it being so painful to the touch , i did notice  I feel a little tinkling in the face with a side of my bottom lip acts like it is drooling but not .  I had dizeness weeks ago  and had a mri  and was told found nothing wrong  went weeks with it and thank God it did pass but again the mid tingling and old feeling of drolling but not is now accomplish with this painful nose . no cold.  maybe some sneezing   but some what scared again..The only new thing is the eye feels pressure and a little itchy and  yes two pressure on upper teeth  no pain  more pressure Just can not touch side of nose or bridge, with some mild swelling  .  help