Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Swelling in the sub-mandible gland

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Swelling in the sub-mandible gland

I have swelling in my sub-mandible gland since last 2 years. The swelling is in the parabolic region below the circumference of my tounge i.e. in the floor of the mouth. I had shown to the doctor, when I discovered it 2 years ago. X-ray test told that there is no stone formation and the doc gave me antibiotics. Then after, I consulted an oncologist (head & neck), he could not diagnosied at all. I had even consulted an ENT specialist. ALL the docs said there is nothing to worry. I used to take chewing tobacco/cigarettes before. Neither there is pain nor any other symptoms in that area. There is also no growth or there may be growth of less than 2mm over two years. The holes of the salivary gland looks slight big. Some 4/5 months later when I was affected, I noticed the same problem in the mouth of my spouse, who never touched tobacco/alcohol todate. I am wondering if there is a problem in the water/environment of my home ?? It is not a subject of any doctor. Docs have never given me any satisfiable answer. Can I request all/any who have come across with these kind of problem and the reasons and solutions thereof.