Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Swelling of the foliate papillae?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Swelling of the foliate papillae?

Hi everyone, I hope I can get an answer here. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with geographic tongue after taking amoxicillin and metronizadole for 2 weeks to treat h-pylori. Yesterday I noticed what seems to be a lump(swelling) on the right lateral side of the tongue, very deep inside(right where the portion of the tongue that you can move ends). The thing is composed of 3-4 little things(folliate papillae?). It is of the same colour as is the tongue on the lateral and you can easy move it around and even separate the 3-4 components. My question is: does this resemble tongue cancer in any way, or it could be foliate papillitis:inflamation (inflammation) of the foliate papillae. I am concerned that the enlargement of the papillae is present only on the right lateral side, is that normal in foliate papillitis or is it cancer?

Thank you for reading this, please help me!