Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Swollen Lymph Nodes In Neck & Constant Throat Irritation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I am a 26 year female who noticed sometime in September that I had a swollen lymph node in my neck on the right side and some throat irritation,like something is constantly stuck in my throat.Anyways I have been to my ENT twice already and the first time he did a examination of my throat by sticking something down my nose and he found nothing unusual,he ordered a CBC and the only thing that showed was a EBV in the past,and that my platelets were elevated.He brought me back in and checked the lymph node again and noticed it had gotten way smaller told me he really doesn't believe theres anything to worry about but still had me do a CT scan.The CT scan showed "multiple lymph nodes were seen but not felt to be enlarged" what does that mean? I'm confused and worried,I don't see my ENT till the 8th of January.The lymph node fluctuates in size,one minute it's somewhat swollen,the next you can't feel it.It's not fixed in place or hard as a rock but I'm still worried.

Does anybody know what this could be or is anyone going threw the same issue?  
Tags: swollen mymph nodes, irritable
Really out of my scope, but in my mind this can be so many things, that it is difficult to say. It sounds as though you are dealling with some veryy aggressive doctors, ie CT scan.

So I think you arre in good hands, sit tight and hope for the best.

BTW swollen glands could be anything, it is a symptom, could be something minor, could be something major.

Much like nausea, could be viral stomach issue, could be bacterial, could be a sign of food poisioning, could be a symptom of HIV/ARS Follow me? Nausea, every body gets it, it does not  automatically mean there is a major issue.