Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Swollen Lymph Nodes In Neck & Constant Throat Irritation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen Lymph Nodes In Neck & Constant Throat Irritation

I am a 26 year female who noticed sometime in September that I had a swollen lymph node in my neck on the right side and some throat irritation,like something is constantly stuck in my throat.Anyways I have been to my ENT twice already and the first time he did a examination of my throat by sticking something down my nose and he found nothing unusual,he ordered a CBC and the only thing that showed was a EBV in the past,and that my platelets were elevated.He brought me back in and checked the lymph node again and noticed it had gotten way smaller told me he really doesn't believe theres anything to worry about but still had me do a CT scan.The CT scan showed "multiple lymph nodes were seen but not felt to be enlarged" what does that mean? I'm confused and worried,I don't see my ENT till the 8th of January.The lymph node fluctuates in size,one minute it's somewhat swollen,the next you can't feel it.It's not fixed in place or hard as a rock but I'm still worried.

Does anybody know what this could be or is anyone going threw the same issue?  
Tags: swollen mymph nodes, irritable