Swollen Soft Palate
I am in the final throws of a really bad head cold. I woke up this morning to find my throat almost swollen shut. The dangling part of my soft palate is so swollen that it is resting on the back of my tongue! It is very tender, and it keeps engaging my gag reflex.

Is this common? It is the second time it has happened to me...last time I had a bad head cold the same thing happened. Could be combination of the cold plus irritation from snoring? Should I see a doctor, or just ride it out again with Ibuprofen and cough drops?
See a doctor.  If the swelling progresses, your airway could be compromised.  It sounds like you need prescription medications.
yeah, almost swollen shut is dangerous.  this could be angioedema.  could be a medical emergency.  go to the emergency room right now.
i woke up last night to find that the dangling part of my palate was resting on my tongue. I do not feel any pain just some discomfort. There was a little bleeding but I think it was from trying to claer my throat.I can easily push it to  my tongue  to than by swallowing it goes back to its place
Shoyuld I seek medical attention?