Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Swollen Throat with Breathing Trouble

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Swollen Throat with Breathing Trouble

Hello. I am a 15 year old male. Recently, I was having some breathing problems related to anxiety, but they went away about three weeks ago. This past week, the breathing problems have started up again. I have checked my temperature daily, and it is usually around 99.5, but has been as high as 100.5. When I woke up this morning and took a look at my throat using a flashlight, I noticed that it was quite swollen. I do have allergies, and the pollen count is fairly high, so that may be the cause. I am taking Allegra 180mg daily, along with Flonase 60mg daily to help with my allergies. After checking my throat about an hour after seeing the swelling, I noticed that it didn't look as swollen as before. I was at a football game last night, and I was yelling, so that my play a part in this as well. Does anybody know what this could be? My guess is that it is a mixture of my anxiety problems and allergies, but I can't be sure. Any help is appreciated.
It could also be a virus, although if you're having difficulty breathign along with a swollen throat, it's definitely a good idea to have it checked out by your doctor.
Well when I went to the doctor about a month ago, he said that I had a throat virus. Is it possible that I still have it?