Swollen Throat with Breathing Trouble
Hello. I am a 15 year old male. Recently, I was having some breathing problems related to anxiety, but they went away about three weeks ago. This past week, the breathing problems have started up again. I have checked my temperature daily, and it is usually around 99.5, but has been as high as 100.5. When I woke up this morning and took a look at my throat using a flashlight, I noticed that it was quite swollen. I do have allergies, and the pollen count is fairly high, so that may be the cause. I am taking Allegra 180mg daily, along with Flonase 60mg daily to help with my allergies. After checking my throat about an hour after seeing the swelling, I noticed that it didn't look as swollen as before. I was at a football game last night, and I was yelling, so that my play a part in this as well. Does anybody know what this could be? My guess is that it is a mixture of my anxiety problems and allergies, but I can't be sure. Any help is appreciated.
It could also be a virus, although if you're having difficulty breathign along with a swollen throat, it's definitely a good idea to have it checked out by your doctor.
Well when I went to the doctor about a month ago, he said that I had a throat virus. Is it possible that I still have it?