Swollen Tonsil, Food Stuck in Throat Feeling
I'm a 26 year old male and I recently quit smoking (pack/day) and drinking.  Since then I've been to two doctors and a dentist due to a swollen tonsil on my left side as well as a swollen lymph node on the same side.  At around same time I quit smoking and drinking, I traveled by plane a couple times and my left ear relly started bothering me.  With a history of ear problems from when I was young (I had tubes put in 8 times and had my addenoids removed) I thought it was just an ear problem and thought it would just go away like it had before.  Then a few days later I used a Q-Tip and there was blood on it.  Went to the doctor and he said the ear drum appeared fine with some wax build up but the ear canal looked a little irritated.  He also told me that any ear ache and swollen tonsil/food in throat feeling was due to a lot of bottled up anger and anxiety from quitting drinking and told me not to worry about it and work on my psych problem.  Also went to the dentist and they told me I had gingivitis and some impacted wisdom teeth.  My main concern has been lately that I'm either being a hypochondriac or that I have some form of throat/tonsil cancer from the smoking and drinking.  All the doctors told me they have no reason to believe I have cancer but the tonsil still remains swollen as well as my lymph nodes.  Should I be concerned about cancer or am I just worrying about nothing?
I can tell you this, and I do not mean to imply that if occurs with me it must be your problem.

But with me, I get something called tonsil stones. Basically a white cheese and smells horrible stuck back in the tonsils. They give the sensation of having some food stuck back in the throat.

When I get that feeling I know it is time to purge those suckers out.

Back when I was teenager I went to see a doctor about them and he was clueless.

So any how, google tonsil stones, thery are really common.

Is it related to your ear? Well if they get stuck, and an absess forms, yes theoretically it could...

but just google tonsil stones and see if it fits you.