Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Swollen along floor of nose and upper lip, with swelling of upper gum.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen along floor of nose and upper lip, with swelling of upper gum.

I developed slow gradual swelling inside my nose extending down to my upper lip.  It was extremely hard.  I went to my PCP who put me on Cipro and prednisone for the swelling.  He told me I had cellulitis.  After a couple of days, the infection spread to my upper gum area which turned bright red, formed pus balls and eventually popped.  I bled from my gum for about an hour after all the pus came out.  I continued on the Cipro for 10 days and the who thing went away.  The following month (exactly 30 days later) the same thing happened.  I went to my dentist this time too who took an x-ray and assured me of no tooth root problems.  My PCP lanced my gum this time to relieve the swelling, put me on Clindamycin and again, pus and blood.  Now (exactly 35 days later) same exact thing.  Can someone tell me what the heck is going on?
Tags: swollen upper lip nose upper g