Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Swollen back of neck cervical lymph node along haor line.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I have had a enlarged (swollen) lymph node on the right back side of my neck where my hair line is and am deeply concerned why or what is the cause of it because i am deeply scared and concerned. A doctor gave me ibuprofen and it helped the swelling go down some but it is still there . It has been 3 weeks should i be scared? Is this dangerous? it does not hurt.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Lymph are protective mechanisms of the body and they 'trap' the infecting source causing enlargement of lymph nodes. Lymph node enlargement is usually due to infections like bacterial and viral. The infection can be from the draining skin or the organs. Treatment is usually with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications. The other causes for enlarged nodes are tumours or inflammations to name a few. Go back to your doctor for a reassessment.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.