Swollen glands above the collarbone
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. For 2 months now, I have had swollen lymph nodes/glands above my collarbone. On and off I have felt sick, just very drained and a sore throat. I also have a swollen area on my chest that the doctor has told me is a bone but there isn't a swollen area on the other side of my chest, they don't match like the doctor said and also, some swollen lymph nodes in my groin area. Just curious as to what if anything anyone has had or had done about this. I do see an ENT next week. Thanks for any info!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Lymph are protective mechanisms of the body and they 'trap' the infecting source causing enlargement of lymph nodes. The infection can be from the draining skin or the organs. Next you could see if any of the draining areas have any evidence of infection, like tonsils, the skin, tooth abscess or an ear infection. Infections like tuberculosis can cause lymph adenopathy. The other causes for enlarged nodes are tumours or inflammations to name a few. So, consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime if there is pain you can use OTC Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.