Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Swollen glands or lumps in throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Swollen glands or lumps in throat

Hey guys, maybe someone can help me with this, about a week and a half ago i found this lump in my neck rught under the jaw towards the neck, its been sore and swollen, the pain seems to traven down the right side of my neck a little bit, the left side hurts ocassionaly but i cant seem to find a similar lump there., i went to the doctory they said its an infection and gave me penicilin, ive been taking the penicilin for 5 days now and it hasnt done a single thing, im really starting to get worried, this couldnt be cancer could it? Could someone please give me some insight on this one?

Thank you for your time and help.

Best Regards
~Dave
I heard That if you always mess with the lump it will only stay longer. I know it's scary to feel a lump in your neck but if the doc told you that it's an infection then just let it go on it's own. I had one behind my ear and left it alone and sure enough it went away. Much luck you.
i think its the lymphatic system, i feel soreness in my trapizoid muscles now and i know there are lymp nodes there too, the pencillin isnt doing anything, i dont know what to do.
If you are truly concerned and after 10 days on antibiotics the swelling hasn't gone down, i would seek a second opinion. It is better to be safe than sorry.