Aa
A
A
Close
Swollen lymph node (NECK) after tooth extraction
I had my lower wisdom tooth pulled out about 3 months ago. I thought healing was going smoothly until the week after, my lymph nodes (neck) on the side where my tooth was pulled became extremely swollen.  I freaked out because this never happened to me when I had my other wisdom teeth pulled out. Most of the swelling went down in about 4 days. The dentist also prescribed me antibiotics for it, which I finished in a week. However, it has been 3 months now and when I look in the mirror, I can notice that the swelling hasn't completely gone down. When comparing my face/neck before I removed this particular wisdom teeth, it looks like my face is much more round/fuller because my neck area is thicker than before. This really bothers me and I want to know if the swelling on my face/neck (lymph nodes) will ever permanently shrink and become back to normal? Please help, I am really upset about this.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1268057 tn?1452268753
Is your dentist aware of the persistent swollen lymph nodes?  If he does not, I would recommend reconsulting him/her ASAP and go with his/her recommendations.  You probably should have imaging of the site.  

I am sure in time the nodes will go back to normal size.  
Comment
Cancel
1268057 tn?1452268753
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources