Swollen turbunates.. Blurry Vission?
Hi for the last year I've had troubles breathing. I sometimes feel I'm having heart issues and run to er, finally i Had some heart work up that was negative. I finally visited a ENT for my allergies and he noticed I have a deviated septum and large turbinates. Is it normal to breath from one nostril at a time with the other cometly blocked or is that an indication of imflamation in the sinuses. I do get alot of nasle poping everymorning and its like good relief when they pop. I can never have both nostriles cometley open. My symptoms are dizzyness, sneezing the minute I walk outdoors and hedachs in the temples. and top part of the head. The head pressure feels like a knife jabbing me. I also have pain between both eyes and lots of blurry vision when taking deep breaths in, and I notice my nostles sucking themselves in like a sucking vacuum which makes it difficult to breath. Im still not sure who to beleave because I also get chest pains near the breast bone that doctor thinks is Gerd..My ENT wants to correct the septom and reduce the size of both turbinates.. My question is, has anyone suffered from large turbinates and if so did you experience any symptoms similar to mines. And if so what was done to correct it. I've used Flonase with very little results. I have three little kids and every flu season their sick and it affects my allergies to the point that I'm doing a lot of mouth breathing.
YES! Several months ago was waking up in middle of night with dreams of drowning or suffocation and having panic attacks... Almost went to er one night thinking I was having heart attack. Took an Ativan and calmed down. Went to ent and he said my turbinates were so swollen they were blocking 90% of my air intake. He tried 10 days of prednisone (steroid). Didn't work. So had turbinate reduction surgery which was a breeze. Outpatient and home same day. Lifesaver! Instant relief! Then followed with Zyrtec, Flonase and Patanase. Now weaned off all three. Go get the surgery!!!
Holy!!! EXACT same symptoms with me too!
Small world huh? lol

Think I'll go to a different ENT and get looked at.

Had adenoids out when I was 6 and the problems only ever got worse.
12 years ago I was finally sent to an ENT who said I had a deviated septum, and Menierre's disease...was sent home with some SERC and told to live with it.
Over the past two months my sinuses have gotten worse.
Infected all the time, left eye hurts and feels like it's popping out of my head, headaches non stop, fuzzy numb feeling on left side of nose ( side of deviation ) and constantly feels like I'm about to pass out.
I also have GERD...and they've been thinking maybe a problem with gallbladder ( although they have not run any tests as of yet )...so maybe you're on to something here.
Thanks for that!