The inside of the very tip of my nose is very sore
In the past few weeks I have had a cyst-like formation appear inside the very tip of one side of my nose (along with redness, swelling, intense pain and some drainage).  It is odd because after a few days of packing my nose with peroxide cotton balls and triple antibiotic ointment at bedtime, the same symptoms appear on the opposite side.  

This has happened back and forth 5 - 6 times now and I can't understand it.  I know it is in the "intermediate crus" area of my nose and this area is a host to many nasty bacteria and germs.  Could my recent cortisone injections in my back be causing it?  I have been gardening and inhaling some soil particles more than usual too. (Maybe fungus?)  HELP!!!

The condition of yours is known as nasal vestibulitis. Minor infections at the opening of the nose may result in pimples at the base of nasal hairs (folliculitis) and sometimes crusts around the nostrils. The cause is usually the bacteria Staphylococcus. The infection may result from nose picking or excessive nose blowing.

There are all the chances you might have acquired this while gardening. Start on Oral antibiotics (such as Augmentin), pain killers (Acetaminophen) and local antibiotic cream (Such as Mupirocin).

Regards
OHNS2010