Ear, Nose & Throat Community
The inside of the very tip of my nose is very sore
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

The inside of the very tip of my nose is very sore

In the past few weeks I have had a cyst-like formation appear inside the very tip of one side of my nose (along with redness, swelling, intense pain and some drainage).  It is odd because after a few days of packing my nose with peroxide cotton balls and triple antibiotic ointment at bedtime, the same symptoms appear on the opposite side.  

This has happened back and forth 5 - 6 times now and I can't understand it.  I know it is in the "intermediate crus" area of my nose and this area is a host to many nasty bacteria and germs.  Could my recent cortisone injections in my back be causing it?  I have been gardening and inhaling some soil particles more than usual too. (Maybe fungus?)  HELP!!!