Ear, Nose & Throat Community
This could be MIGRAINES!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

This could be MIGRAINES!

I am not a Dr., however, I have had all the symptoms everyone else has had.  I just completed a battery of tests, including a MRI.  They all came back negative.  Please understand, Migraines have different symptoms.  Not all migraine symptoms are alike.  New research is showing that migraines have different symptoms.  I only had the headache aspect of a migraine occasionally.  My most noticable migraine symptoms have been plugged ear, off balance, nausea, foggy head/difficulty concentrating and fatigue.  I've had all of these on a daily basis for over a year now.  I am going to try avoiding certain foods including my life long love affair with heavy coffee drinking.  I am not going to try the medication.  I am going to eliminate trigger foods first.  I think my body is trying to tell me with all these symptoms.  
I hope this may help all you people with symptoms similar to mine.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Check out the 1-2-3 diet by Dr. David Buchholz. AWESOME. I have suffered from chronic migraines since I was 6 years old and found this solution only recently. It does help, and has helped at least 2 other friends of mine following it as well. There is a lot if his research and information in there you might find helpful about the migraine process -- what you are talking about where the actual headache is only part of the issue.
Blank
Thank you.  I have heard his book mentioned to me several times!!  It must be good.  Thanks.
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Sometimes migraines can cause these odd sensations without an actual headache. If you have blurring of vision, nausea and see some light flashes it could most probably be due to a migraine.

Cure can be in terms of avoiding trigger factors.  You can prevent the occurrence of headaches by avoiding trigger factors that induce an attack.  Alcohol, smoking, altered sleep patterns, missed meals, loud sounds, odd smells, physical or emotional stress and certain additive foods are known to trigger attacks. In short if you eat a well balanced diet, exercise moderately and leads a stress free life then you will be successful in preventing attacks.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank